NEEGINAN LEARNING & LITERACY CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2018NLLC-INS07
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Ongoing
SALARY/WAGE: $19.93 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
START DATE: As soon as possible
POSITION TYPE: 2 Full-time, permanent, unionized
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering individualized literacy programming to adult learners. This position will assist in the development of Aboriginal adult-appropriate learning materials and creating innovative learning opportunities. The incumbent will participate in efforts to recruit participants, and promote the program while supporting the goals and objectives of the Neeginan Learning and Literacy Centre, the Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development and the Aboriginal community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum.
- Deliver lesson plans/activities using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, and field studies.
- Assign and correct homework.
- Prepare, administer and correct tests.
- Determine with individual students, their learning needs, plans, goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and assess student progress and discuss results with students and school officials.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and instructor training workshops.
- Advise students on course selection and vocational matters.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of school events and activities.
- Relevant post-secondary education (degree or diploma) related to Social Science or Education.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction an asset. An acceptable combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Superior skills in team leadership, communication (verbal and written), time management, critical thinking; decision making, and organizational management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Internet use.
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies.
- Professional work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with challenging situations.
- Knowledge of Winnipeg Urban Aboriginal Community.
Please submit a resume and cover letter citing Competition Number to employerrep(at)abcentre.org or apply online at www.cahrd.org/jobs. Indigenous applicants can also apply in person in room 304-181 Higgins Ave.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.93 /month