O'Shanter Development Company is a family-owned Residential Property Management and Real Estate Investment business since 1963 and was the first property management company in Canada to achieve ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management certifications. The two ISO certifications distinguish us from our competitors in the GTA as the only property management company to have been certified for both. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professional practices and provide our tenants with a team of professionals working to ensure our buildings are managed professionally and efficiently.
We are currently looking to hire a General Labourer, who is responsible for performing unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks in a timely and safe manner, from maintenance requests and verbal instructions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Perform demolition, cleaning, and grounds keeping functions;
- Assist with any tradesman in the performance of their duties; may be required to work in extremely dirty conditions;
- Participate in the proper disposal of hazardous wastes and waste streaming;
- Complete daily safety inspection of the workplace and report any problems to the management to ensure that the company quality policy standards are met;
- Perform any other functions, which may be assigned from time to time.
You will also possess the following skills and experience:
- Must conform to WHMIS, OHSA and any other health and safety regulations when trained;
- Holds a valid G class driver's license and a dependable vehicle to access job sites;
- Must be willing and able to attend training to upgrade skills;
- The ability to work with simple hand tools.
O'Shanter adheres to equitable hiring, employment, and promotion practices, and we strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for an accommodation known in advance during the application process.
If you are interested, please apply today by using the Apply Now button and sending us your resume and cover letter. Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in working with us.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- G class driver's license (Required)