JATEC has been connecting communities for over 35 years. We have expertise in the installation of fibre optic telecommunications, underground utilities for residential development, street lighting, and highway sign infrastructure across Canada.
People + Power is the focus. We are committed to creating an environment where people learn and grow, and pride ourselves on our culture by hiring and promoting the right people.
Join JATEC as a Corporate Account and build your career today with an established and growing company.
At this time we are currently seeking to fill an immediate need for long term employment. This opportunity will allow for growth and development in the Construction Industry.
- Industry competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Act as the subject matter expert for finance modules in the ERP system.
- Process fixed assets transactions including new asset addition, asset transfer, asset retirement and monthly depreciation calculation.
- Prepare routine job cost adjustments, equipment cost adjustment, and inventory moves required for accurate reporting.
- Prepare weekly cash forecasting.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, long-term debt, prepaids, etc.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly GST/HST returns.
- Reconcile monthly transactions to bank statements.
- Reconcile credit cards
- Preparing EFT and wire payment transactions to venders.
- Adhere to weekly and monthly accounting deadlines.
- Support with various projects as required by management.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices and code documents.
- Prepare and distribute monthly A/R statements and communicate with customers to resolve issues.
- Provides support to other positions as required.
- 4 + years of experience in performing associated role with little supervision.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- CPA is considered an asset.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion w/sensitive information.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Solution oriented and self-starter to work through ambiguity.
- Analytical and results-driven attitude.
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr at jatec.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting and finance: 3 years (Required)