Reports to the Manager, Engineering and R & T and is part of a dynamic team implementing positive change to an already excellent organization. This is a great chance to use your superior systems knowledge and management ability to take a successful company to new heights and be respected and rewarded for your contributions.
This Management position will oversee the Systems Engineering group. The position will have approximately 9 direct reports. The successful candidate will have above average management skills, which will include the ability to:
- Confer with management, production, and program staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecast operating costs of the Systems department and direct the preparation of bids, proposals and budgets.
- Support engineering group activities such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
Leadership is a very key aspect of this position with the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in workplace sensitive situations. This person will mentor, work with, guide and do what ever is needed to help the team grow and succeed.
- Manage the career development of your Systems Engineering team including mentoring and performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Develop core technical skills required for your team (i.e. training, career planning and mentoring).
- Prepare estimates, schedules, compliance matrixes and costing for bids.
- Establish and maintain engineering technical standards for all facets of hardware and embedded control design.
- Manage product Requirements Engineering, Architecture/Design Development, Baseline Control, Tool Support, Training, Process Definition, Qualification, Verification and Validation, Systems Integration and Specialty Engineering (mechanical, thermal, reliability, EMI/EMC) activities.
- Direct and lead the team of Project Engineers assigned to ongoing development programs.
- Direct and lead the Product Integration testing and Environmental (DO-160/MIL-STD) qualification campaigns.
- Support the certification aspects of the product design, ARP-4754A, ARP-4761, DO-254.
- Manage and report on the status of projects and budgets.
- Foster cohesion within the company by actively promoting a productive and positive relationship between functional management and the program staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronic, Aerospace (or similar) Engineering discipline and a Professional Engineer.
- A minimum of 10 years design and management experience or an equivalent combination of technical and/or embedded software development experience. Background of control systems (Engine Control, Landing and Steering Controls an asset), Avionics, Aerospace or other high reliability products would be an asset.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in systems engineering and architecture design.
- Technical skills and commensurate leadership in the applicable discipline together with excellent interpersonal, listening and administrative skills.
- Experience working as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary engineering management team.
- Working knowledge with RTCA DO-160, ARP-4754A, ARP-4761 and other Military Standards for safety critical hardware, embedded and software development and test.
- Knowledge of DO-254 and DO-178B/C.
- Knowledge of avionics/aerospace product development and project engineering principles, methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of other related disciplines: estimating, planning, budgeting, staffing and controlling.
- Proven success in managing technical groups, projects, and budgets;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active member of PEO (or able to become a member) is an asset.
This posting reflects the general duties of the position but is not a detailed description of all duties which the successful applicant may be asked to perform.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time