To apply, please visit jobs.celero.ca to create a profile in the Celero Career Centre and apply to the open Business Analyst – Banking System Support position by no later than June 28, 2019.
Celero is a full-service IT shop, Celero provides complete banking solutions, IT planning, systems integration, hosting, support, maintenance and professional services to meet the unique needs of financial institutions of all sizes and delivers world-class reliability through our Canadian-based data centers, employees and operations.
Our workforce is a complementary mix of deeply-experienced professionals and enthusiastic entry-level employees, from all walks of life. Therefore, whether you are right out of university or have 30 years in the industry to your credit, we have a spot that might be right for you.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health Care Spending Account and fitness subsidy
- 6% matched pension contribution
- 3 weeks annual vacation leave to start
- Full suite of Health, Dental and Disability benefits
We are seeking DNA banking “geniuses”, people with core skills in directly applicable key roles to identify and assess business requirements and/or processes and liaising amongst stakeholders, building positive business relationships. As a Business Analyst, you will learn new tasks within your functional area of expertise; you will pick up a new skillset and a chance to get to know some of our new clients. If you want to be part of a talented team, contributing to significant projects, and directly supporting our clients banking system, we want you!
A Day in the Life
The successful candidate will:
- Investigate to determine the nature of problems and walk clients through the problem-solving process.
- Research and resolve the most difficult and complex problems that other service desk levels have been unable to resolve .
- Gather and assess customer needs, utilizing structured processes to establish business priorities.
- Create, coordinate and execute test scripts, utilizing formal testing methodologies to verify that system and business applications meet specific requirements.
- Provide quality control and system assurance for both internal and external customer groups.
- Understand and test banking system defects and enhancements based on business rules and detailed specifications.
- Lead basic or moderately complex projects, responsible for overall implementation and execution of project and performance criteria.
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on
- technical trends and competitor’s practices relevant to the assigned customer business.
- Provide subject matter expert support to Support Analysts on escalated issues.
- Document, maintain and follow departmental/operational and system related procedures and Celero related business documents.
- Lead, coordinate, deliver and participate in information sessions to customer groups.
- Ally with other Celero functional areas to remain apprised of project status and inform customers of progress, and conversely keep other Celero functional areas appraised of user issues.
- Remain aware of and adhere to industry and regulatory requirements.
- 2+ years of Business Analysis experience.
- 3+ years of Service/Help Desk support at a Tier 2 or 3 level
- In-depth understanding of ITIL processes. This includes, but is not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management, CMDB Management, Knowledge Management and Problem Management modules
- Knowledge and experience with DNA banking system, Internet Banking and ATM/Point of Sale transaction processing.
- A track record of continuous professional development, with strong focus on systems development technologies, systems analysis, and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Member Direct internet banking and Shared Cash/Point of Sale transaction processing.
- Must demonstrate experience in developing and writing clear functional business requirements and test scripts.
- Strong understanding of the system development life cycle related to Business Analyst deliverables and estimating.
- Experience coordinating activities of team members that you may have no direct authority over.
- Experience with system and quality assurance testing industry practices is required.
- Experience in banking system support is considered an asset.
- ITIL Foundation v3.0 certification (or higher) considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Credit Union System or financial institution experience with deposit or loans, back office and accounting exposure would be considered assets.
- Business Analyst Certification or related degree/certification is an asset.
We have high expectations of all Celero employees and strive to recruit applicants with the following characteristics:
- Candidate must be willing to enroll in Business Analyst certification or commitment to complete.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative in understanding the needs of others.
- Effectively adapts to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and shifting priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Able to build professional relationships with peers and superiors and the ability to work comfortably with both business and technical professionals.
- Ability to “think outside the box”; creativity in problem solving and applying new approaches.
- Manages multiple assignments with varying complexity, priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make practical and objective decisions in situations where little guidance is available.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Commitment to working collaboratively in a team-based organization – promotes high performance work environment characterized by positive relationships, strong team orientation, and professional skill enhancement while delivering required business results.
- Accepts ownership of issues and shares credit for team successes.
For more information on who we are, what we do and who we help, please visit our website at www.celero.ca
All submissions will be acknowledged and reviewed, however only those respondents deemed to be the most qualified for this position will be interviewed.
Job Type: Full-time