We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker
Employment: Full-time permanent
Location: CarePoint Health – 2695 North Sheridan Way, Suite 120, Mississauga, ON
Starting Date: Immediately
Who we are?
CarePoint Health is an inter-professional care team of physicians and allied health professionals that aims to improve the health and wellness of the South West Mississauga and East Mississauga communities. The team will deliver advanced inter-professional care to patients holistically by focusing on both medical concerns and needs related to the social determinants of health. CarePoint Health will provide all patients of affiliated physicians who would benefit from team based care, the opportunity to receive the best possible care to produce optimal health outcomes.
CarePoint Health builds on the philosophy of the Patient’s Medical Home, where the patients receive the care they need throughout their life. CarePoint Health will support patients by connecting them to a coordinated, comprehensive team of health care professionals upon whom they can rely and work with to achieve their personal health goals. The goal is to achieve the Quadruple Aim of increased patient satisfaction, improving population health, reduced health care costs and improving provider work life.
The vision of CarePoint Health is to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team that is committed to:
- Providing equitable, access to seamless inter-professional care teams for patients with complex needs;
- Enabling effective partnerships with and between patients, families, primary care providers, social service agencies, and the community at large;
- Utilizing a single electronic medical record, openly and transparently to share health information within a patient’s circle of care (including patients and caregivers) to simplify a seamless approach to care;
- Incorporatingresearch and innovation in health system design and service delivery;
- Providing access to digital health platforms such as e-visits, e-consults and shared electronic medical record;
- Targeting population heatlh needs within the communities served focusing on populations such as mental health and addictions, seniors, immigrant health, and palliative care;
- Providing immersion programs and flexible specialist touchdown space to promte shared care between family physicians and specialists;
- Including the patient voice through a Patient Advisory Council;
- Supporting networking and continuing medical education opportunities for health care professionals;
- Creating a community of primary care practitioners;
- Improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care.
What is this role?
We are looking for a Social Worker who is compassionate and will support individuals, families, groups and communities to enhance their individual and collective wellbeing. The ideal candidate aims to support individuals to develop their skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of the community to resolve problems at hand. This candidate will work collaboratively with team members to provide a continuum of care to patients.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Clinical Director, Interprofessional Care, your key responsibilities would include:
- Assessing patients and developing individualized care plans based on the goals of the patient
- Providing crisis intervention, and brief psychotherapy
- Providing counselling services, with particular regard to individual and family issues and decisions that impact the health of the patient and family
- Delivering care in both individual and group settings
- Coordinating appropriate connection to community resources
- Maintaining communications between the patient, care team and the family
- Working within the primary care model of brief therapy, ensuring seamless transition to community resources as appropriate
- Acts as an advocate for patients and their families in matters affecting health and wellbeing
- Providing house calls and community outreach visits when appropriate
- Collaboration with other CarePoint Health Team members and health care providers in provision of patient care
- Effectively using the Social Work standards of practice and the therapy process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in social work with significant experience, or a Master’s degree in social work
- Have clinical experience in a primary health care setting
- Be registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Good working knowledge in the areas of DSM V diagnostic criteria and various modalities of psychotherapy, such as CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing and mindfulness
- Have knowledge and skill in delivering group work including cognitive behaviour therapy, and Stanford self-management programs
- Competent skill sets in advocating on behalf of clients, interdisciplinary team collaboration, group facilitation support, consultation with professional colleagues and caregivers/families
- Be enthusiastic, passionate and self‐driven who will participate in data management and measurement of quality improvement indicators of patient outcomes;
- Knowledge and proficiency in the provision of crisis intervention, including risk assessment and management form a non-medical perspective, is essential
- Knowledge of community and the resources available, especially in the areas of Crisis services, Mental Health, and Long Term Care;
- Experienced working with at-risk/vulnerable population
- Be sensitive to patients’ issues and needs and have the capacity to address these issues
- Contribute to program development
- Ensure all communications reflect CPH standards and facilitate a positive patient, family, and provider experience
- Uphold CPH values and be an active contributor to a positive, innovative, collaborative, and cooperative work environment
- Good reading and writing communication skills in English, a second language would be an asset
- BLS certification required
- A satisfactory and current Criminal Background and Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of immunization required
- Acts as a professional and knowledgeable role model or mentor to colleagues and students; and
- Maintain confidentiality in the work place and within the community.
Are you ready to join an extraordinary team and do the best work of your life?
CarePoint Health offers employees a fully comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Compensation for the role will be aligned with candidate’s skills and experience and within the budget of CPH.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- primary health care setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Required)
- English (Preferred)