Full Time Position
Labourer, Sea-Can Unloader, Fast Pace Assembly Line Worker
- Monday to Friday
- 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
WORK CONDITIONS OUTSIDE AND INSIDE WAREHOUSE
GOOD SAFETY PRACTICES , FAST PACE ENVIRONMENT
Shanked Computer Recycling Inc. (SCRI) is an approved electronic recycler based in Acheson, Alberta (15 minutes away from Edmonton) and managed by the Alberta Recycling Management Authority. As the safety of our workers and visitors is paramount to us, we have attained COR (Certificate of Recognition), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications. We meet all applicable occupational health and safety standards, environmental laws and regulations, and we strive for continual improvements.
SCRI offers genuine safe, secure, and environmentally friendly recycling solutions for computers, televisions, printers and laptops. Our trusted employees and valued clients share the same philosophy: provide a better environment for future generations by “reducing our footprint bit by bit.”
Work Conditions (Work Site Environment: Noise, Dust - PPE Provided)
Repetitive Tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, mechanical aptitude, good hand eye coordination with standing work bench
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, listen, use, handle, feel and/or lift with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Experience: Working in Fast-Paced Production Environment
Education: High School Diploma
Language: Speak, Read and Write English
Weight Handling: Able to lift weights up to 50 lbs
Own Equipment: Steel-Toe Safety Boots
Our Masks: We provide Masks; Respirators are fitted for specific tasks. Masks /Ability to Wear Masks are a Requirement for this Position.
Transport: Own transport is required as there is only limited public transportation available.
- Adhere to safety protocols. SAFETY IS ESSENTIAL.
- Unload/Empty/Sort 20 ft Sea-can containers full of electronic waste (e.g. microwaves, large television sets, vacuum cleaners, photocopiers etc.)
- Ability to use small power tools to disassemble electronic materials
- Repetitive movements in using these power tools
- Sort, pack and crate materials and products.
- Assist machine operators and other workers
- Work well in Team Environment
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Dependability, Reliability, Punctuality are a must
- Positive Attitude, Work Ethic
- Good listening and communication skills
Police Clearance required
Please note that only people invited for interview will be contacted.
Employee Perks: Onsite Parking, Staff lunches, Coveralls supplied
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- labourer: 1 year (preferred)