Company Details: AME Learning Inc. (“AME”) is a leader in providing specialized accounting and financial literacy education in academic and business environments. Over 70 Universities and Community Colleges in Canada and the U.S. support instruction with AME’s innovative blended learning packages and patented online Accounting Map™ Tutorials. www.amelearning.com
Role Description: The Digital Solutions Developer will deliver and promote innovative technology solutions that overcome real business challenges. The person will play a critical role in ensuring the company’s success as a leading provider of e-learning solutions. Responsibilities include developing custom features based on market feedback, implementing end to end solutions internally and externally, creating training resources, and researching latest technologies.
Incredible teams do exceptional work, every day.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, test, and maintain custom functionality in Moodle LMS system.
- Develop and provide appropriate technical solution by analyzing trade-offs and alternatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to scope technical requirements, recommend solutions, and implement applications.
- Take a lead role in interfacing with external IT teams from client’s site.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Ensure deployment of digital solutions is simple, seamless and error free for customers.
- Keep readability, maintainability, performance, scalability, and accessibility in mind. This may require plug-ins, third party tools, or custom application development.
- Stay abreast of new developments in web technology and bring ideas forward.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, and in scope (individually and as part of a team).
- Analyze market trends and make recommendations regarding appropriate partners and e-business opportunities within the e-Learning space.
- Partner with the sales and marketing team to deploy, maintain, and monitor applications in production.
- Design and develop creative training content to best promote product features.
- Participate in solution demo to external clients and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Drive digital training initiatives internally to ensure Sales, Marketing and Customer Support teams become proficient in demonstrating and selling technology.
- Collaborate internally to improve process and achieve company growth goals.
- Administer the Amazon Web Services environment if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design best practices and mobile technologies
- Demonstrated experience in Mysql queries
- Demonstrated experience with UX/UI design
- Demonstrated problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience with versioning technologies (GIT preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a definite asset
- Experience and knowledge of EPub is a definite asset
- Experience in teaching or training is a definite asset
- Knowledge of Moodle, Canvas, D2L, Blackboard or any other Learning Management System is a definite asset
- Knowledge of accounting is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take complex requirements and develop simple, clean and high-performing solutions
- Very strong ability to communicate clearly (written and oral) and effectively
- Self-motivated and very creative in problem solving
- Have a DevOps mindset
Applicants: Please submit application including cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants who choose to apply; however, only those selected will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- web development: 3 years (Preferred)