About this Opportunity
The Shipper/Receiver thrives in an environment that requires them to be a detail oriented multitasker. You are on the front line, ensuring that all receipts are done in a timely manner and that customers receive the items they ordered without any mistakes in the delivery. In this way, you will be seen as an important liaison between our business and our clients, ensuring that everyone gets what they need quickly and efficiently.
Work Schedule: Mon to Fri, 7:00am to 3:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Assemble containers and pallets, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Execute loading and unloading of goods from trucks.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents and reject damaged goods.
- Practice safe storage and handling procedures for a variety of chemicals and materials.
- Operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on team player that interacts and communicates well with all levels of the organization
- ERP system experience; SAP would be favorable
- Extensive experience using MS office; in particular Excel
- Strong attention to detail and able to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organization skills
Headquartered in Guelph, Canada, Melitron is a full service contract manufacturer of complex metal enclosures and electro-mechanical systems. Providing design, manufacturing, assembly, and supply chain expertise, Melitron delivers single source solutions to leading brands and innovative startups competing in global technology markets including communications, energy, entertainment, healthcare, industrial, QSR/restaurant, retail, security and transportation. For more information, visit www.melitron.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Guelph, ON (Preferred)