Poundmaker’s Lodge Treatment Centres is growing and expanding and as such, we have an available position for an individual who will assume responsibility as a Casual Program Attendant. The overall objective is to assist with non-counseling support to people 18+ years of age who have an addiction. The responsibilities include assisting with education, prevention, and treatment services within a residential treatment center environment. This includes integration of cultural and spiritual practices of First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures as well the 12 step abstinence based recovery in this practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will adhere to a weekly planning schedule, provide clear and accurate documentation, maintain functions of the reception area, provide addiction related assessments and support, group facilitation and leadership, case management and consultation in a professional and therapeutic environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist in planning group activities and develop programs geared towards personal growth and self actualization and has the ability to work within a team environment.
1) Previous experience in an addiction field an asset;
2) Post-secondary education in Social Work and addictions field is preferred; however the following equivalencies will be considered: a related university degree and related addictions treatment experience;
3) Experience in an addictions treatment centre an asset;
4) Experience working with or knowledge of, Indigenous communities and culture will be considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1 ) Maintaining confidentiality is essential;
2) Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
3) Working knowledge of databases and client record keeping policies;
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills
1) The successful candidate will require a valid Alberta Driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening;
2) Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle will be an asset; 3) Valid Alberta Class 4 drivers license will be an asset
Starting wage will be set according to education, skills and experience. Posting will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted. Also, specify in cover letter availability, ie: weeknights, weekends, overnight, and/or all of the above.
Cover letter must demonstrate your experience with Indigenous populations. Resume must clearly outline how your previous work experience demonstrates your qualifications and requirements for this position. Interested candidates should fax or email their cover letter and resume
Job Type: Casual
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Job Type: Casual