Would you like to use your well-honed .NET skills to evolve our leading enterprise asset management product and lead future .NET modernization projects?
Cetaris seeks a Senior .NET Framework Developer - Architect to help design, develop, and test UI controls and an application framework written in C#, as well as implementing complex business rules and server business objects.
About the Role
As a Senior .NET Framework Developer - Architect on our team, you will learn our existing .NET C# framework and help us to migrate to .NET Core. You will develop and maintain Cetaris’ UI control libraries, migrating our WinForms controls to WPF, to increase customer usability, enhance responsiveness and discoverability, and reduce maintenance.
What You Will Do
· With the team, scrum master, and product owners, refine a backlog of features into stories ensuring that you understand what users are trying to achieve.
· Work with application development teams to develop and maintain user interfaces, control interactions, data binding, and application business objects using our .NET framework and Microsoft web services.
· Maintain and develop the framework used for communication between UIs, business layer, and servers.
· Perform unit testing, troubleshoot, and debug to support QA efforts.
· Participate in peer code reviews.
Required Skills & Experience
· Deep experience building and modifying WinForms Controls, DataSets, DataBinding, and GDI resource management.
· Deep understanding of Windows internals, COM and C# / .NET.
· Framework experience in all tiers of the application (client, server, database / UI and business objects).
· Solid understanding of MS SQL Server.
· Solid troubleshooting skills.
· Superior knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows platforms.
· Post-secondary education in computer science, or equivalent degrees/ diplomas/ certifications.
· You’re a quick learner with a passion for solving technical and framework-related problems, and meeting end user requirements.
· You can clearly articulate your design ideas and concepts to others verbally and in writing. At the same time you are open minded and adaptable enough to collaborate on the final design.
· You are persistent, and focused on achieving your team’s outcomes.
· Experience creating WPF controls; migration experience a definite asset.
· Knowledge of Fiddler, .Net Memory Profiler, WinDbg, .Net Decompilers (Reflector, JustDecompile, dotPeek etc.), and SysInternals tools.
· Knowledge of SSRS.
· Experience working in an agile environment.
· Knowledge of asset management or transportation maintenance industries - or the curiosity to learn!
With increased product knowledge and experience, the Senior Software Developer/Architect will:
· Evaluate and make effective recommendations related to evolving the .NET framework and UI control libraries.
· Advocate for the use of the full potential that technology brings to our business and clients, including participating and/or leading R&D.
· Mentor other team members and encourage knowledge sharing, by identifying and communicating software development best practices to produce highly usable, maintainable code.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week), with annual salary (based on experience) plus bonus. Flexible work schedule and shared comprehensive health benefits and insurance plan.
By helping some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries, we enable our customers to mine mission-critical data and ultimately to reduce their carbon footprint.
Our diverse and deeply knowledgeable team loves solving problems for our customers. We enjoy a great work-life balance, and celebrate our wins with team events such as BBQs, ski days, and initiatives that support our local community.
Ongoing learning and knowledge sharing are a big part of our workplace culture with opportunities to develop a wide range of professional skills, including bi-weekly Developer huddles to explore new technologies.
Learning support at Cetaris is tailored to suit individual needs and includes conferences, mentoring, resources for self-study, and a first-class rewards program for industry certifications.
Our northwest GTA location is easily accessed from 427, 401, 400, and 407 as well as by public transit. Free parking is available for all team members!
At Cetaris, we believe in creating a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with accessibility needs, we welcome you to reach out to discuss them with us at any phase in the application process.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- .NET / C#: 5 years (Required)
- .NET migration: 2 years (Preferred)
- .NET Framework and WinForms: 3 years (Required)
- SQL Server: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)