We are looking for plant-based Chef to join our team.
- Have a passion and talent for creative and innovative plant-based cooking
- Be an ambassador for plant-based foods and provide safe, friendly opportunities for omnivores to try new plant-based alternatives
- Be aware of current food trends for millennials.
- Must strive to go above and beyond
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic, and courteous service at all times.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards, and company inventory and property control procedures.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned tasks within production and service time frames established for the job.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, by presenting themselves on-time, well-groomed and in full-approved uniform.
- Able to utilize all resources of food according to Q&A.
- Ensures the safe operation of kitchen equipment and environment by checking for and reporting hygiene and safety hazards to Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Follows instructions in departmental recipe books.
- Maintains all departmental standards and procedures. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in developing menu for the plant-based restaurant.
- Participate in developing new recipes, including vegan versions of classic comfort foods.
- Test new plant-based products
- Share knowledge of plant-based cooking techniques colleagues.
- Daily entries into HACCP logs, temperature logs, production logs, waste logs and preparing food samples for testing and future reference.
- Follows instructions for quantity of food to prepare and cook for service.
- Ensures that batch cooking methods are being followed.
- Understands the importance of containing the cross contamination and know the proper procedures of keeping the food safe.
- Maintains the area in a clean and safe manner.
- Able to utilize all resources of food to control waste and minimizing over production.
- Proper rotation of food in the refrigerator, freezer and storage area.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all menus, recipes and standards for the station and Chartwells Food Services.
- Selects, identifies and applies spices, herbs and condiments.
- Produces and presents hot and cold food in a safe, hygienic manner.
- Produces food with correct taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Ensures foods are produced and served at the correct time.
- Ensures correct portioning of products.
- Ensures products are labeled and dated correctly.
- Monitors condition of food in storage to prevent spoilage and contamination of food.
- Ensures that all food is placed in clean containers daily.
- Maintains consistency of all presentations and garnishes.
- Completes assigned tasks as quickly as is safely practical.
- Must have simple computational skills. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
- cuisine: 2 ans (Souhaité)