The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director, Human Resources and Internal Communications is responsible to provide assistance and leadership aimed at helping Glen Dimplex Americas achieve its organizational objectives. This individual ensures that the Human Resource department and Glen Dimplex Americas is in compliance with all applicable federal/provincial/state legislation. The Director of Human Resources & Internal Communications reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and acts as their strategic business partner. This individual ensures processes are in place for the smooth operation of the Human Resource Department. He/she must develop and execute a comprehensive strategic organizational development program for the organization. This role will be also be responsible to provide advice, direction and management to the development and execution of the corporate communications program ensuring consistency and alignment to the company’s business strategy. This role will lead the company’s employee and leadership communications to build a positive culture of transparency and two-way dialogue. The successful candidate will be a communications subject matter expert as well as a solutions-focused, curious and collaborative leader that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Plans, develops and executes organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel
- Performs and coordinates policy reviews and analysis, including the overall management of Human Resource projects.
- Manages, coaches and oversees a staff of HR Professionals.
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring, orientation, supervision, performance management programs
- Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements (federal/state/provincial).
- Ensures compliance with all Labour Law and Health and Safety regulations.
- Research any new developments within the Human Resource field and implement changes where needed.
- Anticipate and identify emerging issues, trends and problems that affect the policies and programs of the organization.
- Identify and address issues that affect the overall health of the organization; morale, effectiveness, turnover, absenteeism and productivity.
- Supports diversity initiatives.
- Prepare and issue briefing notes, background documents, and discussion papers for review and discussion with the Leadership Team.
- Analyze benefit programs, implement and manage different compensation plans.
- Direct recruitment practices and procedures.
- Provide direction to all levels of employees for HR related issues.
- Execute HR programs such as training, innovation, employee recognition, activities and recreational programs in a way supporting internal equity and organization's competitiveness.
- Participate in recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations according to policies and principals.
- Discover new ways of attracting top talent and ensure that the Company has a succession plan in place for unforeseen staffing changes.
- Ensure compliance regarding regulations and laws by executing necessary policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations on leadership and organizational behaviours.
- Contribute to development of leadership through focused development strategies including talent and performance management.
- Provide guidance for change management initiatives.
- Oversee the Employee Engagement Committee and participate in events as often as possible.
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- Ensure that the company and its employees operate ethically.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company agreements, Mission statement, philosophy and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR field required.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in HR required. Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning and employee relations.
- Proven project management skills required.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations to senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and procedures used in the successful development of an organizational development program.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
- Able to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of labour laws.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Travel will be required to the United States.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.