MANAGER, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & WELLNESS (20-0000402)
Bargaining Unit: NON-UNION
Status: Full Time
Department: Employee Relations, Safety & Wellness
Site: St. Joseph's Hospital
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reporting to the Director, the Manager Occupational Health & Wellness (OHW) leads the OHW team to provide comprehensive occupational health services to St. Joseph's Care Group (SJCG). Key responsibilities include managing the day-to day occupational health and wellness operations; developing, implementing and managing occupational health and wellness policy, programs and initiatives including workplace health surveillance, screening and promotion; occupational health outbreak management, disability claims management, and facilitating early and safe return to work.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Occupational Health Nursing, preferably in the healthcare setting
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Diploma (DOHN) and/or Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN-C) an asset
- Membership with the Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association preferred
- Knowledge of occupational health principles and applicable legislation (OHSA, WSIA, Human Rights, Privacy)
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Superior ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent project/time management, analytical, critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proven abilities to facilitate collaboration, cooperation and coalitions to build effective teams
- Proficiency with computer software applications, including MS Office and Parklane
St. Joseph's Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Applications from all qualified individuals are welcome. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Occupational Health Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- RN in good standing with CNO (Preferred)