Bonfire Bookkeeping is looking for a SAVVY Bookkeeper who is ready to ditch the 9-5 and become part of a team with a flexible schedule and ton of room for advancement. We are an up-and-coming Boutique Bookkeeping business with a focus on a paperless #fintech environment. We have a passion for cloud bookkeeping, and what real time data can give to our clients and customers. We believe that bookkeeping should be fun for both our employees, but also for our clients. We are looking for someone who can step in to replace some of the client work the owner is doing so that she can focus on growing the business.
What it would look like to be part of the team?
We do have an office at Whippletree Junction, but this position can be completely remote. There is a team meeting once a week to discuss work and to catch up and make sure the team has a close bond. We feel strongly about creating a business where the work comes first, but that it is also enjoyable. Life is too short to do something you hate - so lets make it great! We have no interest in micro managing so as long as the work is getting done we are happy - but we are watching. There are file reviews performed to make sure the work is being done well and there are incentives if they are.
The right team member would pride themselves on being detail oriented and efficient, so that they can help in other areas of the business of interest to them.
Do you like writing? Let’s have you submit a blog!
Do you like marketing? Help me manage the various social media sites!
Do you like coaching or teaching? Help me hire and train the next new team member!
Do you like doing the work? Let’s find more files for you to work on!
Position Summary: Bookkeeper will be responsible for all monthly bookkeeping from entering transactions to reconciling accounts.
This position is BEST for YOU if you:
- are currently in a bookkeeping or accounting role and looking for a change
- are a life-long learner
- are self-motivated
- enjoy a challenge
- like technology
- are a critical thinker
- appreciate a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
This position is NOT for YOU if:
- you are done learning
- you need to be prodded to get work done (aka micromanaged)
- you are not able to think outside the box
- you require a hard start and finish time
- Advanced understanding of Bookkeeping Principles
- Processing expenses and bills through Receipt Bank and Hubdoc
- Understanding of QuickBooks Online Software (especially Bank Feeds)
* Preference will be given to those with good working knowledge of Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, and QuickBooks Online. Willing to train for the right candidate.
* $18-20 for an experienced bookkeeper
* $15-18 for the right candidate who needs training
It is important to note that there are incentives for great work and willingness to bring value and grow with the company!
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have a reliable computer and internet to fulfill the duties of this position.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER INCLUDING A BLURB ABOUT YOURSELF AND CREDENTIALS WITH RESUME
**PLEASE do NOT call or drop-in, only apply for this position as instructed**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour