Position: Marketing & Events Assistant/ Part Time Position: 36 hours per week at $15.50/per hour (8 weeks in total)
Company: Bank Street BIA
The Bank Street Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a 20 block shopping district and community, between Wellington and Catherine Street, that strives to make the area cleaner, safer, and more vibrant.
The Bank Street B.I.A. is leading a new spirit of cooperation among property owners, businesses, and the community by providing a range of programs including maintenance, marketing, economic vitality, and physical improvements.
The Bank Street BIA is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate for the position of Marketing &
Events Assistant. Through this opportunity, a qualified candidate can build a broad skill set and gain hands-on experience supporting local businesses and the community.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the successful candidate will be a consistently friendly, outgoing professional with a positive, pro-active attitude capable of juggling a varied and diverse workload.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office by aiding correspondence for the office, such as emails, packages, and phone calls
- Coordinate the supply of office and events merchandise
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and administrative functions
- Manage data related to member, vendor relationships and other partnerships
- Ensuring availability to help colleagues and employees where necessary
- Assist with special projects and assignments and participate in all activities carried forth by the BIA
- Assist with the advertising for special events, promotions, planning of events as needed.
- Record and report on the success of promotional activity
- Compile feedback from event participants
- Assist with @downtownbank social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will report to the Executive Director and work under the supervision of the Assistant Director
- 36 hours per week
- Attendance at meetings, in the weeks leading up to events
- Attendance at the event, the day of, and possibly the night prior and/or day following, depending on set-up and take-down requirements
- Participation in the post-event debrief, typically scheduled to take place within one month following the event
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete tasks and assignments with minimum supervision and within specific time frames
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team member towards a common goal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with the public, staff, and outside groups.
- Attention to detail to submit work or send communications without error
- Flexible, self-motivated and eager to lead and complete a wide variety of tasks.
- Experience with different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Client Service Oriented
- Candidate must be able to handle information of a sensitive matter, such as confidential sponsor and artist information and records
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups and interact constructively and well with others
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of Airtable and CANVA is considered an asset
- Proven experience as an Administrative assistant or Office admin assistant
- Display a degree of marketing or event coordination skills
- Administrative or Business Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service or Support: 1 year (preferred)
- Social Media or Digital Marketing: an asset
- The Assistant(s) will often lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and be must able to stand for long periods of time.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a personal vehicle during the festival is an asset but not required
- The Assistant(s) will be based primarily at the Bank Street BIA office located at 176 Gloucester
Street, with travel to various venues. Assignments may be indoors or outdoors. Weekends and some evenings will be required. There will be the option to work remotely on occasion.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K2P0A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-06-13