Basalite Concrete Products is one of the largest manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United States and Canada. Product lines include structural block, interlocking paving stones, engineered wall systems, retaining walls, ornamental and garden products, and a full range of sack goods. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies.
We are currently hiringa regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance and pension plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a alcohol and drug free workplace.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, this position is responsible for necessary lab analysis. This position also requires a working relationship with the production team to ensure adherence to company and industry standards and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: General Supervision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Test and inspects raw materials and finished good to ensure they meet established standards for quality.
- Performs compression, absorption, density and moisture testing, weight and sieve tests for aggregates, durability testing and other testing as required.
- Document laboratory test results and maintain database. Monitors process and document changes as required.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A Diploma of Technology or a Post-Secondary education with experience in testing both the plastic and hardened properties of concrete is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and operate various types of testing equipment, machines and mixers.
- Must possess excellent computer and mathematical skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner and understand written safety procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, talking/listening, simple grasping with both hands, and reaching with hands and arms below shoulder level.
- Lifting up-to 100 lbs. (40 kg.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work near moving mechanical parts, heat or cold (non-weather)
- Loud noise and vibration.
- Exposure to dust, toxic and caustic chemicals.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)