At Metro, we are growing every day, and hope that you'll pursue a career with us!
With over $12 billion in annual sales, we are a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors. With 70 years of experience in the food industry, we've grown to 600 supermarkets and 250 pharmacies across Ontario and Quebec.
At Metro, our strong and dedicated team strives to deliver:
quality and freshness of products, expert in-store personnel, a positive shopping experience, and competitive prices. Our success is attributed to our team's drive and enthusiasm, making them responsible for our continued growth.
Be in the action and help make the difference when serving our customers. Become a brand ambassador and share your passion for food with our customers. The Seafood Department on 2010 Appleby Line in Burlington, ON is waiting for you!
- Assists with the proper ordering, rotation and inventory control of product in the department. Maintains good knowledge of the preparation and display of products in the department.
- May assist with managing and directing the staff of the department, particularly in the absence of the Department Head/Manager/Operator (where applicable).
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Saftey regulations.
- Provides service to customers and responds to specific requests for product - ie. cutting/filleting fish, cooking lobster, preparing counter salads, etc.
- May stock, rotate frozen and bulk seafood counters (shrimp/scallops, and frozen seafood) products as required, as well as replenishing related products (ie. panko, fish crisp, salmon planks, etc.).
- May receive stock, unload, and put away product, and retrieve product from freezer/cooler.
- May assist with counter set up and take down including cleaning and sanitation of dishes, trays, bowls and utensils, cleaning fish tanks, filling counters with ice, etc.
- Assists the Department Head/Manager/Operator (where applicable) in the overall successful operation of the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Head/Manager/Operator, Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Customer service driven
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good product knowledge and attention to detail
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.