Part -time Coding Tutor - Remote
Are you a programmer with a passion for all things coding? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work part-time and be paid to teach young children digital skills like programming and web development?
We’re looking for dedicated and creative individuals to join our community of online tutors. If you want to empower and engage children, and have experience coding in text-based languages, or Roblox, then we’d love to hear from you. We’re particularly interested if you’re an expert Python programmer.
Who We Are
Kodland, is a computer programming school that educates children from the ages of 7 to 17. We have taught over 15k+ children globally and are launching our platform in English.
Our goal is to prepare children for the future by teaching them skills that will not only enable them to excel in the labour market, but to spark their imaginations!
We are looking for vibrant teachers who are confident in leading a class delivered online to small groups of approximately 10 pupils. Our classes cover game-making, app development, and digital basics (with more on the way).
You Will Be:
- Delivering fun and engaging classes based on the scripts and materials provided
- Improving your teaching skills with the help of Kodland experienced mentors
- Communicating any feedback regarding lessons and content with the office team
- Providing regular and detailed reports about student progress and Tracking and improving class engagement and learning experience
- Being a positive, influential, and outgoing ambassador for Kodland
- Implementing creative ideas to stimulate and support our students
You Will Get From Us:
- A young, supportive, and friendly team
- Scripts and content for all the lessons
- A commitment to your personal and professional development with regular training opportunities
- Friends and family discount for all our courses
You are great match if:
You have experience coding in at least one of the languages:
- You have studied coding at university level, or a related field, have relevant training, or are self-taught (we will ask you to demonstrate your skills)
- You love working with children
- You are enthusiastic about technology’s creative possibilities
- You are available to work afternoons (3 - 7pm) during term times and/or on weekends
- You are able to work as Self-Employed
- You have no criminal record and have not been barred from working with children
- Patient with a pleasant demeanour, dependable, approachable and polite
- Punctual, good at time-keeping and time management
- Enjoys interacting with young children, liaising with team members
- Follow set goals and guidance
- Providing help to and mentoring children
- Working on improving your teaching skills based on feedback
No teaching experience is required, however in order to be invited for an interview you will need to pass the Digital skills test where you will need to demonstrate an understanding of computer coding (it will be sent to you once you apply).
This is a remote work position so you will need your own laptop and a stable internet connection.
Part-time hours: 5 - 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: From $27.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Work from home
This is a work form home position so completely Covid safe
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- tutoring: 1 year (preferred)