Full Job Description
RWE Family Law is seeking to add a full-time associate to our dynamic practice. We serve a broad client base, from large business owners to people facing domestic violence.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain daily one on one mentorship with senior counsel and join a family law firm with a collegial and supportive environment with fulfilling work.
Our practice is based in Vancouver, and we also serve clientele throughout BC. A majority of the work we do is in the lower-mainland with some opportunities to appear remotely or travel to remote communities, including majority indigenous communities.
The work we do includes litigation involving parental responsibilities, support, and property division, including property on reserve. Our approach to law is problem solving, whether through negotiation or court.
Our junior lawyers start off with legal aid files to gain valuable court experience, and transition into more complex private files. We value the work we do for those who cannot afford it just as much as the work we do for those who pay for our time and advice.
If you are looking to join a collaborative and supportive team, we want to hear from you.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia.
- A strong work ethic, and excellent professional and academic credentials.
- Outstanding communication and client-service skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel three times per year.
- Remuneration commensurate with experience and productivity, based on 55% commission.
- Practice fees and insurance covered.
- Second phone line that only rings during business hours.
- Team lunches, dinners, and events.
- Opportunities for mentorship and professional development.
- Professional memberships.
- A Monday-Friday schedule. 6 billable hours target per day.
How To Apply: Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume. Please quote "Job Posting: Family Lawyer" in the e-mail subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: flexible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$250,000.00 per year
- Company events
- On-site gym
Work Location: In person