Summary of primary job functions
IG Machine & Fibers Ltd is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IG Machine and Fibers Ltd. is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
We are currently seeking a full time Forklift Operator/Labourer to join our team of skilled professionals at our High River, AB location.
This employee fulfills Forklift duties for all departments in the plant, specifically tarping of required loads leaving the plant. The Forklift Operator will also provide Shipping/Receiving support during absences. The labour portion of this role will support cleaning and 5S duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities
- Loads and Unloads all Trucks and Vans for the Plant
- Movement of materials to support the efficient running of the Plant.
- Places Tarps on top of the load when required
- Using Fall Protection, unroll and layout tarps over the load
- Confirms Accuracy of all outbound loads
- Communicates with all Drivers on the dock and yard
- Ensures Safety rules and protocols are followed by all Drivers
- Conduct cleaning as directed for the entire site
- Conduct 5S duties as assigned
- Cross-Trained as back up for Shipping and Receiving
- Cross-Trained to provides breaks for Production Staff when required
- Re-label or Re-bag Finished product when required
- All other assigned duties
- 2+ years Forklift experience with current license
- Previous Fall Arrest experience
- 2+ years Shipping and Receiving experience including Loading and Offloading
- Ability to flex time as required
- Pass practical forklift skills assessment
- Pass the IKO test
- Requires personal vehicle
Hours of Work
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- All scheduled shipping days required by Corporate office
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift operator: 2 years (Required)
- Forklift (Required)