EAP Tele Psychologist, Bilingual
2 Vacancies (French & English, French-only)
Employee Support Solutions
Remote / Home Office, Canada
Permanent Part Time (2.5 days / week)
Reporting to the Regional Clinical Manager, you will be providing counselling services for Morneau Shepell's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various personal issues that may or may not be work-related;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP;
- Provide excellent clinical services and embrace Morneau Shepell’s culture of continuous learning;
- Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by Morneau Shepell’s clinical models.
- Professional liability insurance provided by Morneau Shepell;
- Comfortably work from home;
- Clinical supervision available;
- Flexible schedule.
Succeeding as an EAP Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Doctorate in Psychology mandatory;
- Professional College membership (mandatory for Qc and On providers) or registration with a mental health association;
- Minimum five (5) years post-masters counselling experience with multiple populations;
- Bilingualism French-English is preferred, not mandatory;
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Able to work with individuals and couples and good knowledge of community resources;
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to handle a large volume of clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be flexible to work days and evening shifts;
- EAP industry experience is an asset;
- Exceptional customer service focus, high professionalism and adherence to ethical principles of conduct;
- Basic knowledge of computer systems is an asset.
Employee Support Solutions
Healthy, productive, and engaged employees drive organizational performance and success. Morneau Shepell’s Employee Support Solutions is comprised of industry-leading programs and services that work together to deliver a unique and holistic Total Health Solution to our clients, helping them engage their people. Morneau Shepell is also the largest Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider in the world. Confidential professional support is available to employees and family members in-person and telephonically, as well as digitally through E-Counselling, Video Counselling, First Chat (online chat), and our My EAP mobile device application, to help resolve work, health, and life challenges. Our award winning innovations and technology help to ensure that our support solutions are available anytime, anywhere.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Post-Master counselling: 5 years (Required)
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)