Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Nest Wealth created Canada's first SaaS-based digital wealth management platform to ensure investors have access to sophisticated, personalized and transparent wealth management services. Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions.
Finding amazing people is one of the hardest parts of building a successful company. That’s why we take our culture and our people seriously. We are a proud recipient of ‘Great Place to Work 2020’, ‘Best Workplaces in Technology 2020’, ‘Best Workplaces in Canada 2021’ and have been recognized for the past 4 years as one of the Fastest Growing Companies.
Before you apply, get an inside look into our culture and learn from team members who discuss what we’re building, recent problems we’ve solved, how/why we’ve made changes to our tech stack, and what it’s like joining our team! https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-nest-wealth
Nest Wealth’s next Technical Recruiter will help build our technical and engineering teams as we continue to embark on our hyper-growth journey! You will be partnering with the Talent team and hiring managers using a consultative and creative approach to build and execute sourcing strategies to activate high-quality diverse candidate pools. You can expect high impact and wide-ranging responsibility: owning full-cycle recruiting, driving hiring and sourcing strategy, strong partnership with cross functional teams, and delivering a warm, welcoming and inclusive candidate experience.
Why is this role unique?
- You will be the first dedicated Recruiter who will partner with our Engineering and Technology team
- You will be part of scaling a hyper-growth start-up
- Technology hiring is yours to own with the support of our Talent team and Hiring Managers
Why we need your expertise?
- We are in a hyper-growth phase and have the need for speed! Our goal is to hire 5+ employees per month to support our robust growth goals.
- We need your technical acumen and ability to uncover the compelling parts of our product and platform.
- You are unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes.
How you will make an impact:
Partnership: Partner closely with hiring managers to build creative strategies that quickly target high-quality candidates. Provide guidance to hiring managers on recruiting best practices and talent partner to build out the engineering organization. You are a culture enabler, talent partner and educator.
Collaboration: Work closely with other Talent/HR team members on the design, implementation and delivery of impactful Talent specific projects and initiatives.
Ownership: Own the entire Engineering and Product recruitment life cycle from kicking off a new search, role intake, job description creation, building a robust sourcing strategy, screening, and offer negotiations. You will lead intake meetings to fully understand the role requirements and core competencies, how those fit with business objectives and design comprehensive job descriptions, conduct screening interviews, and create interview plans to support the selection process.
Strategy: Develop effective candidate sourcing and attraction strategies that build diverse talent pools for immediate and future roles. Assist with Talent reporting to uncover areas of improvement.
Commitment: Embody our P.A.C.K.E.D. values— you are passionate, accountable, curious, kind, empathetic and determined. You are committed to providing a candidate experience that is transparent, honest, inclusive and enjoyable!
It would be GREAT if you had:
- A knack for data and analytics: We are looking to build robust Talent reporting and dashboards
What you can expect with our interview process:
We understand interviewing can be a daunting experience, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here is a step by step guide on what interviewing with us looks like:
- 30 min “get to know you” interview with our Talent Coordinator
- 60 min interview with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- 30 min interview with our Head of People & Culture & Technical Team Lead
Our ideal time-to-hire is 28 days, we try our best to provide an efficient, engaging and enjoyable interview experience. All interviews are over video via Google Hangouts.
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer:
- Competitive base salary with results based variable compensation
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building
- A yearly education budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more)
- Customizable extended health benefits + virtual healthcare with Akira by Telus Health
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them
- Three weeks vacation plus 10 days PTO
- Additional time-off: Winter Holiday (Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Employee Assistance Program. A 24/7 counselling and coaching service for your mental, emotional, physical and financial health.
- We are working remotely and in-office, and it’s up to you to choose what works best! We've implemented daily company-wide stand-ups to stay connected and engaged, interlaced with some good humour to keep things light. We've recently introduced a platform to encourage team recognition, and in lieu of our typical weekly catered lunches and fully stocked fridges, we are sending weekly lunches to our employees who are standing out and standing up!
- When we're in office we do provide: Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy!
We’re pretty self aware as a company, and we know there are some areas where we can do better:
Process: The Company is growing fast in all aspects, which is great. We are one of the Top 25 fastest growing private companies in Canada over the last 4 years. The hard part is that we don’t have the processes of a big company in place yet. We are counting on our people to help create that process, stand-up better efficiencies, and adjust quickly as we grow.
Challenges ahead: We have pivoted to where we see the best and biggest opportunity as an enterprise & B2B solution. This requires rigour, discipline and planning from the entire team as we address the functionality and features of our platform and like any pivots, there have been a few bumps in the road.
Transition: This is the key to our success and our ability to scale but there will be short-term challenges in making this transition. We are revisiting everything from marketing collateral, pricing, and the go-to-market plan - and calibrating it all to sync up with the strategy. That is a lot to do in a short period of time!
If you’re interested in joining an awesome, growing team, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Follow us on Linkedin to keep up to date on our latest news!
At Nest Wealth we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19