SLCS is currently seeking a full-time Justice Worker for the Supervised Independent Living (SIL) Program. As a member of this interdisciplinary team you will provide support services and crisis intervention to adults with a developmental disability, as well as administrative duties as assigned. Your responsibilities will include developing care plans that assess clients’ skills and needs particularly with regard to their mental health, developmental delay, fetal alcohol spectrum, acquired brain injury and addiction issues. In addition, you will also provide advocacy on behalf of clients involved in the criminal justice system. You will liaise with other team members to coordinate care for clients. In addition to the clinical elements of the position, you will be responsible to ensure the safety and security of the clients, other staff and the community during your work days.
You will be able to work with staff and clients from adult developmental populations and contribute to program development. You will provide education, support, and supervision to other staff or students as applicable. You will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all the applicable and regulatory requirements.
This position is located in the community and you will be expected to regularly travel between SLCS facilities and to community locations.
- University degree or 2 – 3 year College diploma from an accredited institution
- 1 - 3 yrs relevant work experience dealing with individuals with developmental delays, acquired brain injuries and/or fetal alcohol spectrum affected individuals
- CPR/First Aid/AED Level C – current
- Crisis Intervention and Prevention
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution
- Valid G class Driver’s License
In accordance with SLCS’ policy on Police Background Checks, this position requires that the individual provide, at their own cost, a clear Police Check which includes vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
SLCS adheres to the French Language Services Act. SLCS is also committed to promoting equity and diversity in our employment practices. As well, we are an equal opportunity employer which is committed to an inclusive and barrier free workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform the recruitment contact and we will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
Please visit www.slcs.ca for more information on our SIL program.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
- Casual dress
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- working with individuals with Developmental Delays: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelors degree or 2-year community college diploma (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)