Live, Work and Play in Cottage Country on Georgian Bay
We Help You Find Opportunities
Carecor is currently assisting the Director of Provincial Partnerships of Waypoint Centre for Mental Healthcare (Waypoint) by recruiting Clinical Psychologists for work permanent full-time employment working Dual Diagnosis and the Forensic Assessment Programs.
About the Employer
Waypoint is a University of Toronto teaching hospital and academic research centre, located on the shores of Georgian Bay in Penetanguishene which is only 45 minutes from Barrie and 90 minutes from Toronto.
Their Provincial Forensic Mental Health program includes 160 inpatient beds and is an active treatment centre winning world recognition for its research and innovative programs. Their regional program has an additional 141 inpatient beds and a variety of outpatient services providing specialty mental health care to people from Simcoe County, Muskoka, and parts of Parry Sound and Dufferin County.
Waypoint Centre for Mental Health also offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive educational and training opportunities and supports
- Fulsome benefits programs
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Gold Standard Wellness program
- Full-time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week during regular office hours Monday to Friday
- Those applicants preferring Part-time hours in a permanent job will also be considered
- Doctoral training in clinical psychology, completion of a doctoral level degree
- Registration in good standing (or eligibility for registration) as a Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Preference for additional certification and/or experience with experience with the Canadian version of Dual Diagnosis programs or candidates with Forensic Assessment experiene
- Experience conducting a range of psychotherapeutic and assessment techniques to plan, conduct, and coordinate psychological services as per College standards
- Ability to provide diagnostic assessments, implement treatment, rehabilitation and behavioural modification programs, as well as consultation experience for diagnosis treatment of patients/clients.
- Communications skills in both English and French is an asset
- Experience working with Indigenous patients is also an asset
Need More Info?
For more detailed information regarding the remuneration or to get the PDF with fulsome details about these opportunities, or to ask your questions or express your interest, contact our search services team at searchservicesascarecordotcom
For over 35 years, we proudly attract and retain staff to our professionally skilled and supportive team. We specialize in acute healthcare and have expanded our reach through acquisitions, partnerships, and additional service offerings - becoming a predominant staffing agency in Ontario and Nova Scotia. Our reputation of quality is enhanced by the dedication of our people and the relationships we build. We are committed to connecting employees with flexible and rewarding work to meet their personal and professional goals. We provide clients with a full spectrum of healthcare workers specialized in patient care, digital health, and medical administration. In addition to celebrating our quality staff, we are proud recipients of the “Exemplary Standing” award from Accreditation Canada.
Carecor Health Services is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent