Display and maintain perennial plants in a big box store setting while driving sales and exceeding customer expectations.
- Meet weekly deliveries and unpack product as outlined per plan-o-gram in a timely manner
- Revisit retail location multiple times per week to assure plant displays are organized and easy to shop
- Ensure product displays are customer focused, signed and "shoppable"
- Consolidate, maintain and groom product as needed through out the season
- Build and develop strong relationships with garden center staff and store management
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous garden center experience and/or perennial plant knowledge is an asset
- Attention to detail, effective organization and planning skills
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Efficient worker, fast pace and highly motivated
· The position involves considerable physical work including: walking, lifting, moving, pulling and pushing of shipping carts.
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Own transportation is essential for travel between multiple local garden centers
- Daily e-mail, computer and phone access for administrative tasks
- Steel-toed safety boots are required
- Monday - Saturday, Flexible Hours
- Average 25 hours per week
- Anticipated start date; week of April 19th
- Hourly wage to be negotiated
- Paid mileage and phone expense where applicable
If you are passionate about plants and enjoy working outdoors in a team setting, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal