Cedar Ridge Designs has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced custom cabinetmaker for manufacturing cabinets, millwork and specialty items for residential and commercial custom millwork projects. We are located just outside of the beautiful town of Maxville, Ontario, and we supply architectural millwork to architects, the construction industry, interior designers and individual commercial/residential clients. We specialize in custom millwork and cabinetry for residential, retail, corporate, and restaurant projects. The successful applicant must have 3 – 5 years’ experience with no exceptions. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Skill level requirement:
- Understanding of fabrication methods for residential and commercial millwork
- Knowledge of machines, equipment and tools, including appropriate use and basic maintenance.
- Those applicants with CNC experience also will be preferred.
- Knowledge of raw materials and hardware
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Extensive communication skills with emphasis on conveying and understanding detail
- Ability to self-manage time to produce multiple projects in a timely manner
- Proficiency in metric measuring
- Lean manufacturing experience an asset
Related Preferred Skills:
- Cutting sheet stock on CNC and/or production table saw
- Edgebanding melamines and veneers
- Custom cabinetmaking with solid lumber
- Working with plastic laminates
Your duties will include:
- Construct cabinets and other millwork using various materials
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
- Quality check own work based on specification
- Provide input during project production meetings
Cedar Ridge is located just outside the beautiful town of Maxville, Ontario, which is 45 minutes east of Ottawa. It is a perfect commuting distance, with minimal traffic and free parking. This is a rural area, therefore, you require your own transportation.
We have a proven track record providing superior quality, custom millwork throughout Eastern Ontario, including Ottawa, since 2004, and continue to grow. We provide a team atmosphere that fosters growth. Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package await the right candidate.
Please submit your resume via email or fax to 613-527-1600. You can also drop it off in person at 18331 Kenyon Concession Road #8, Maxville, Ontario. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about our company, please visit: www.cedarridgedesigns.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cabinet Making: 3 years (Required)