MMH CPAs is hiring full time staff accountants to join our growing team. Based in Vaughan, Ontario, our team of Chartered Professional Accountants provides accounting, assurance, taxation and other related services to businesses and individuals across the Greater Toronto Area.
We are looking for team players with careful attention to detail who can provide professional advice with diligence and a knowledge-based approach to all our clients. The ideal candidates will enjoy process improvement, can brainstorm and share ideas, and are comfortable working remotely.
The salary range for this position would be $40,000 to $70,000 per year commensurate with experience.
- Work closely with the partners to understand and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting activity.
- Prepare of Notice to Reader engagements.
- Prepare of personal (T1), corporate (T2), and trust (T3) tax returns with minimal supervision.
- Assist in audit and review engagements.
- Full cycle accounting and bookkeeping for clients in various industries.
- Respond to client queries and requests, as well as communicate with tax authorities.
- Trust accounting.
- Payroll preparation including creating relevant T-slips.
- Research and interpretation of various accounting and tax rules.
- Internal administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance. Candidates having or pursuing a CPA designation are strongly preferred.
- Prior relevant work experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles including ASPE and IFRS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including experience with pivot tables).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and as part of a team.
Familiarity with the following would be an asset
- CaseWare and Caseview.
- QuickBooks (desktop and online).
- Soluno and/or PC LAW.
- Tax Cycle.
- VBA programming in Excel / Word.
- US taxes
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you comfortable with Pivot Tables in Excel?
- How soon are you available to start?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
- Caseware: 3 years (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (preferred)
- TaxCycle: 1 year (preferred)
- US TAX: 1 year (preferred)
- Soluno / PC LAW: 1 year (preferred)
- VBA: 1 year (preferred)