AST Trust Company (Canada) is a full-service, tech-enabled professional services firm that helps companies and security holders across North America maintain momentum through the use of secure corporate data, analytics, advisory services, and a strategic approach to every interaction.
AST and its affiliates and divisions, including D.F. King Canada, are dedicated to supporting clients throughout their organization’s evolution. From IPOs to specialized transactions, activist investors to M&A support, we help companies streamline operations and increase efficiencies. We lead the industry with a comprehensive portfolio that includes transfer agent and registrar services, corporate governance, proxy and ownership services, equity plan solutions, corporate trust and structured financial services.
What we offer you
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced medical and dental coverage for employees and their dependents
- Health care spending account
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program with employer match
- Paid sick days
AST is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to partake in the recruitment process.
About the role – Client Services Coordinator
The Client Services Coordinator provides support to the Relationship Management team and performs a wide range of services to AST clients.
- Respond to day-to-day requests from clients.
- Coordinate the internal activities required to fulfill client requests.
- Review and approve new monthly client invoices.
- Assist in the managing of client receivables.
- Assist in the production of specialized client reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for assigned clients.
- Prepare quarterly dividend funding estimates for special Premium clients.
- Facilitate quarterly mailings for assigned clients
- Manage the Annual General Meeting (AGM) mailing and set up process up to and including Notice & Access, E-Voting, E-distribution, Proxy reporting, Meeting report preparation.
- Process cash and share releases, re-issuances and corrections.
- Initiate web content updates.
- Complete diary cards for assigned clients.
- Manage routine redemptions, conversions and exchanges.
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent experience preferably in Business Management
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the securities transfer industry with a strong knowledge of operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Canadian Securities Course, an asset
- Bilingual English/French, an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients with the proven ability to understand clients’ needs and develop the appropriate solutions
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
If this sounds like you, then AST encourages you to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter as one document in your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 1 year (Required)
- client services: 1 year (Required)
- financial services: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)