Are you a math enthusiast interested in making a difference as a math educator? We have a virtual teaching opportunity educating young and thriving inventors. The future of science could be in your hands!
Our international STEM program is open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program educates students from preschool to high school.
SMAC specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
We are in search of a virtual math instructor who has:
- 2 or more years of instructing math to students ages 5 to 17
- Enthusiastic and professional in teaching
- Ability to motivate students
- Experience teaching online
- Create an innovative environment for the students by preparing and executing beginner to advanced math lessons that are beneficial to adding to the student’s knowledge of math.
- Ensure the atmosphere is inclusive, welcoming, and safe for all children
- Educating meaningful content children between the ages 5-17 years in a virtual environment
- Provide weekly assessment reports on how the students are progressing, taking attendance daily
- Provide positive role-modelling for child participants and volunteers to the program, always be polite and helpful, and smile and greet both parents and children
- Conducting virtual python lessons using age-appropriate content
- Knowledge of classroom management in an online setting
- Ability to connect with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Must have a recent Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Check
- Teaching background in Math from beginner to advanced for grades in the primary and middle school sector
- Display a foundational understanding of the relationships between technology, engineering, computer sciences, and other related academic fields
- Ability to keep students engaged and focused on an online classroom setting if required
- Previous online teaching experience is considered an asset
- Access to reliable internet connection as well as ability to use communication platforms such as zoom
Who Should Apply? STEM Montessori Academy of Canada is seeking Enthusiastic,
engaging University students, Club facilitators, Instructors, or Teachers with
expertise in the subject areas for online programming. STEM Canada is seeking
instructors for Summer Camps that will be 1 to 8 weeks part-time positions
Shifts: Monday to Friday 9 am EST-12 pm EST, or 1 pm EST-4 pm EST, 3 hours per shift, 15 hours per week. Start times may vary.Planned Start Date: July 4, 2022, End Date: August 22, 2022\*\*Candidates should be available for these weeks for consideration. This temporary contract is on an as-needed basis, and it is based on enrollment. The dates, shifts and hours are not guaranteed.
Weeks of Work:
Week 1: July 4, 2022-July 10, 2022
Week 2: July 11, 2022-July17, 2022
Week 3: July 18, 2022-July 24, 2022
Week 4: July 25, 2022-July 31, 2022
Week 5: August 1, 2022-August 7, 2022
Week 6: August 8, 2022-August 14, 2022
Week 7: August 15, 2022-August 21, 2022
Week 8: August 22, 2022-August 28, 2022
Rate: $19.97 to $21.87 based on experience
Contract Length: 1-8 weeks
Part-time hours: 15 hours per week.
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within our community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $19.97-$21.87 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you live in Canada currently?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Math Teaching (grades 1 - 10): 1 year (preferred)