Henry’s is proud to be one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! As Canada’s greatest camera store, we know our stuff – and that’s why we’ve been in retail for over 100 years. The loyalty of our employees and their passion for photography and customer service sets us apart from the competition. You will be surrounded by dedicated, humble and passionate people who work hard at what they do and encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means that your expertise is valued and your contributions count. We embrace and drive change, showcasing our creativity and challenging traditional ways of doing business. Our success is based as much on our creative and talented teams as the selection of products, competitive prices, and industry leading services we offer.
Learn moreabout what makes working at Henry’s special and what you can create with us!
Why Join Us?
- Great company and a creative community
- Comprehensive benefits package including a flexible health care spending account
- Employee and family assistance program for your total wellbeing
- The opportunity to test and play with a variety of different equipment while also learning about our products
- A great employee discount program to buy cool gear
- Remote first work environment for Head Office employees
- Enjoy subsidized memberships and discounted tickets at a variety of vendors like GoodLife Fitness Centers and Canada’s Wonderland
- The opportunity to innovate and create, making your mark in a continuously evolving business
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a driven Senior Financial Analyst who will provide in-depth insight into the business performance of Henry’s retail, commercial, and online channels. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to create and implement new processes and reporting for the business. This role will also drive key decision making in the business. The ideal candidate has the ability to think strategically and exhibits a strong aptitude for influencing others & building trust across departments. You are comfortable making recommendations to stakeholders in the business and working closely with them.
What you'll be Doing:
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entries, and reporting-related deliverables in accordance with month/quarter end deadlines
- Support forecasting & validation of all key metrics. Maintain and support financial validation models and monthly/quarterly reporting
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for management to facilitate strategic decision-making
- Analysis of sales trends, product mix changes, marketing tactics, and other ad-hoc analyses, as well as preparing sales forecasts by store and variance analyses
- Understand and analyze major cost drivers in the business
- Analysis of promotions, seasonal trends, effects of competition and other market drivers
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis to ensure accurate financial planning and cost control
- Work collaboratively across the organization as a business partner and advisor
- Play a key role in optimizing procedures and processes
- Work on special projects and additional responsibilities as assigned
What you Bring:
- CPA with 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a retail environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with full-cycle financial accounting and retail processes, specifically inventory management
- Able to identify unusual entries, discrepancies or problems, and resolve independently
- Hands-on experience with various accounting software packages, Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI an asset
- Experience in inventory management, margin analysis, and costing is highly desirable
- High degree of proficiency in Excel
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently with large data sets in an environment with high level of uncertainty
- Demonstrates a passion for making continuous improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Proven track record of demonstrating strong integrity, teamwork and character
We believe Henry’s culture supports individuals to pursue their passion and to achieve great things. This opportunity will offer a career that will be rewarding, interesting, sometimes challenging, but mostly fun. Join the Henry’s family and be part of our exciting future!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the role. Due to the volume of resumes received we will only contact applicants meeting role requirements for next steps.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Henry’s is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Financial Analyst: 4 years (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: In person