Ricoh Canada Inc. has always been on the forefront of workplace innovation.
Yesterday, that meant creating the first office fax machine, enabling people to work smarter, better and faster than ever before. Today, that means information mobility, which is the ability to capture, manage, access and use the information you need -- wherever and whenever you need it -- driving the results you want.
As for tomorrow, that vision is already taking shape in our heads and labs, too. And when the workplace begins its next major change, our imagination will help drive it.
From meeting your financial goals to time off, we promote the well-being of our employees and show them they're valued. Examples of our People–based programs include:
- Flexible Work Options
- Rewarding your Efforts
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing electronic and printed materials and or illustrations for a variety of client applications including publications, displays and other media, as appropriate. Uses professional graphics design tools (Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Acrobat, Macromedia Freehand, Quark Express, PageMaker, Flash, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw, MS Office applications, etc) to produce work product. Translates client's verbal or written description into visual media using freehand rendering (proofs) and or computer-aided software. Provides graphic consultation support.
- Translates and develops new artistic concepts into the visual medium
- Delivers graphic output from client's basic ideas to meet business needs
- Provides graphic consultation via meetings and or projects
- Designs and produces camera-ready art including graphs, charts, clip art, posters, digitization of graphics, line-art, and or photos
- Produces technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and or publication, as appropriate to the requirements of the position
- Meets client's quality and design requirements
- Delivers multiple ideas for customer to choose
- Keeps abreast of industry thinking, new ideas and technologies
- Uses innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client needs
- Adheres to legal requirements relating to duplication, printing, software and fonts
- Adheres to production schedules and deadlines
- Consults with client and staff to identify their graphic needs, budget constraints and reasonable deadlines for the project, serves as a liaison between the client and printers/publishers
- Reviews proofs and work with printers on production of printed material
- May coordinate a graphic or photographic library and or maintain digital records
- Provide technical computer support and install software programs
- Creates and conceptualizes property identities through use of logos, layout and color palette
- Use a wide range of media including photography and computer aided design
Education & Experience:
- Degree or diploma Commercial Art/Graphic Design) preferred or other related certificates or equivalent years of related work experience
- Minimum of 3 year related job experience
- Copy/Offset printing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop business relationships
- Strong self-motivation to drive results
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective use of Microsoft Office
We are committed to providing you with a safe, healthy, and supportive work environment that helps you to achieve your every day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide you with a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support you in all areas of your life.
Flexible Work Options
We recognize that juggling all of the various areas of your life can be difficult. Therefore, we offer flexible work arrangements depending on business needs, which allow you to achieve a better work-life balance. These flexible work options include: flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, and part-time work.
Whether it is to relax on the beach, staycation with your family, or take time for yourself, we offer various time-off programs to support your needs. Some examples include vacation with pay and the option of purchasing additional vacation each calendar year, paid Family, Health & Personal (FHP) Days.
We want to help you learn, grow, and achieve your full potential. We offer several programs for you to create your future with us. The programs include:
- The Ricoh Learning Institute
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Education Assistance Program
Rewarding your Efforts
Our compensation strategy is developed to attract and retain the best employees in the industry. Ricoh offers and contributes to a Retirement Plan (RRSP) and depending on the role, Ricoh also offers other compensation initiatives such as commission and bonus plans.
Ricoh’s “Be The Change” (BTC) Program offers monetary and non-monetary recognition for those who go the extra mile and exemplify The Ricoh Way.
Job Type: Full-time