We are currently recruiting for a full-time accounting technician to join our team and provide exceptional service to our clients. This individual will have extensive experience in a bookkeeping role and demonstrate superior organizational skills. You will be responsible for managing multiple clients while participating as a key member of the accounting team.
The qualifying candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience and proficiency working with business software systems including Office, Simply Accounting (Sage) and/or Quickbooks. In order to be successful in this role, you enjoy a fast paced environment and perform your tasks accurately and in a timely fashion. You enjoy problem solving and pay strong attention to detail. You are confident in your skills, including your knowledge of financial processes and client services and you proactively look for solutions while keeping your clients’ needs top of mind.
· Prepare bookkeeping full-cycle both in-house and on-site;
· Posting of clients’ transactions and reconciliation of various accounts;
· Prepare clients’ payroll in a timely manner;
· Prepare and file government remittances such as HST, payroll, etc;
· Ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and/or federal government reporting requirements;
· Maintain an orderly and accurate accounting filing system for each client;
· Provide clerical and administrative support to management as required;
· Some travel may be required;
· Additional tasks and assignments as required
· University degree or college diploma in accounting
· Superior client service mindset
· Strong leadership skills
· Solution focused
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Bilingual is required (French and English)
Individuals interested in applying are requested to send a cover letter and their resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)