Want to join a dynamic, innovative and passionate team? Uni3T is an exciting young company currently developing a market leading software that will change the way Big Pharma operate their R&D activities. At Uni3T, we are enabling individual and company innovators to bring their ideas to life, thus increasing their wealth and collective well being.
With an expanding team of over 20 professionals specialized in the areas of IT Risk and compliance, Quality Related Systems, Computer System Validation, Business Processes Analysis and Modelling, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Big Data, Cloud developers, architects and leaders.
The Senior Data architect will design solutions for data migrations and transformations. The person has experience designing ETL pipelines and data warehouses and helps integrate those tools within an existing data-driven technology stack. The Senior Data Architect role is to help the organization cope with the challenge of capturing, storing, searching, sharing, and visualizing data in order to make informed decisions organization-wide. The person will use a combination of software application frameworks in order to support, implement, test, debug, and maintain the data-driven software solution stack at Uni3T. The Senior Data architect will coordinate with the artificial intelligence team in order to support mining complex data and providing systems-related advice for the organization. Additionally, the engineer will provide support to the business analysts in order to recommend technological solutions to support the business’ goals.
As our Senior Data architect at Uni3T, you will work collaboratively in a cross-functional team comprising of AI/data scientists, developers, designers, and business team members. A successful candidate will combine an expertise in data warehousing, ETL and data analytics, subject matter knowledge, and an interest in doing practical research regarding life science, biotechnologies, and pharmaceutics.
- Develop and maintain generic data/software architecture for advanced machine learning methods to solve challenging problems in the innovation management domain;
- Provide support for data generation and management;
- Manage a hardware and software environment to process big data pipelines;
- Design and optimize data warehousing solutions;
- Manage real-time data processes to support the design of data pipelines for modeling, data mining, and production purposes;
- Support the production of advanced data analytics solutions, including information visualization tools, in order to support the reporting capabilities of the data science team;
- Partner with our clients to model their data landscape, get data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches;
- Understand, assess and map the data landscape;
- Use new and creative techniques to deliver results for our clients as well for internal R&D projects;
- Evaluate and integrate various data sources including third party data;
- Analyze, parse, extract and integrate data from structured and unstructured datasets;
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to build end-to-end analytics solutions for our clients.
- BSc in Software Engineering or Computer engneering (or related disciplines) with demonstrable knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, and data mining algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building data engineering solutions to solve complex problems and enhancing machine learning capabilities to expand infrastructure.
- Experience working with cloud computing (GCP, AWS etc.) and operating-system-level virtualization (containerization, such as Docker) and deployment (such as Kubernetes).
- Advanced knowledge of database design and interaction (such as SQL/relational databases, non-relational databases, and distributed computing utilities such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB).
- Full implementation experience with multiple web frameworks and application servers.
- Ability to cope under high demand, handle and prioritize multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions in a very fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Master’s (MSc) in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or related disciplines).
- Knowledge of full stack web development and web services, REST API, and JSON.
- Experience in traditional data warehousing/ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage).
- Experience with some or all of the following: data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, computational analytics, econometric modeling.
- Experience in biostatistics, bioinformatics, medical informatics, clinical trials, epidemiology, computational biology, biotechnology, etc. is a highly valuable asset.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the private sector. Experience in the specific industry of life science, biotechnologies, and/or pharmaceutics is a big plus.
- Permanent Full-time position;
- Competitive base salary + bonus;
- Comprehensive insurance coverage;
- Great and dynamic company culture with career development opportunities;
- Located between Griffintown and the Old Montreal, in the Cité du Multimédia neighborhood, now part of Montreal’s holistic hub for innovation, education, and entrepreneurship: the Quartier de l’Innovation.
Uni3t Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only selected candidates will be contacted.
How you match
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
- Baccalauréat (Requis)
- Française (Requis)
- Anglaise (Souhaité)