Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Trust Associate in a Scotia Wealth Management Office, you provide proactive administrative and client service support
to a Trust Officer and their account portfolio of varying size and complexity with the day to management, oversight and
account administration for client, beneficiary and Co-Trustee relationships.
While discussions with Co-Trustees, beneficiaries, clients, their advisors and the business community will generally be the
responsibility of the Trust Officer, the Trust Associate will frequently deal with external contacts, gather and relay
information and is designated as the point of contact in the absence of the Trust Officer.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Administration and Relationship Management Support
- Assist Trust Officers with providing a best in class, proactive and personalized client experience to high net worth
clients and beneficiaries, exemplified by timely and accurate account administration coupled with demonstrated
technical expertise, personal integrity and an ability to respond to stated and unstated client needs and concerns.
- Provide effective back-up in the absence of the Trust Officer for accounts in distribution, by demonstrating a detailed
knowledge of the accounts and responding to the client and beneficiary needs in a timely manner, referring matters
to other resources where appropriate.
- Maintain daily surveillance over cash positions and provide reports for any cash positions that require remedial
attention. Create/input accurate and timely accounting entries for payments to third parties realization of assets, fee
collection, referring all unusual items for further action as required. Prepare detailed fee calculations in Estate and
Trust accounts in accordance with fee agreements or local judicial/industry practice
- Open new accounts accurately and assemble information regarding assets in new accounts (including research into
the tax costs) and ensure the preparation of the opening inventory/Record of Trust. Set up client and asset
information on the Trust including the creation and maintenance of diaries to provide for such matters as fixed
remittances fee processing, investment reviews and statement production.
- Prepare routine correspondence and documentation, including draft documentation in respect of matters that policy
requires be submitted to the appropriate internal oversight groups concerning beneficiary/court approval of fees and
2. Additional Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships,
systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank’s Global Sales Practices.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy,
adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk,
regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the
Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF
Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills Experience and Functional Competencies
1.Proactive with a proven track record of providing a best in class client experience
2.Proven aptitude to learn new concepts and readily apply them to day to day tasks
3.Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
4.Strong time management skills and a proven ability to multi-task
Education / Experience
1.High School Graduate
2.Enrolment in Financial Industry courses
3.CSC, IFIC, STEP Canada, ICB.
4.Working knowledge of asset management and administrative procedures
5.Strong PC Skills:
6.Basic knowledge of Trust Accounting principles
- Work in a hybrid - standard office-based environment requiring normal sensory attention and work from home. Occasional travel is required –particularly in new estates. The incumbent may be required to attend external client meetings outside of normal business hours. The incumbent may be required to work extended hours, as needs dictate.
Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.