At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role - Yardperson (Victoria Gold)
Rotation Schedule: 14 day on/14 days off
The Yardperson/Operator Trainee provides support to the Orica team for both plant operations and bulk product delivery all while training in both departments. The YardPerson is an entry-level position. The successful candidate will eventually move into a Plant or MMU Operator position (class 3 driver's licence), once he/she demonstrates the skills/development required.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to our safety culture by wearing assigned Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”), keeping safety guards on equipment in place, using equipment safely, looking out for the other members on your team while following all health and safety protocols.
- Maintain a clean job site by picking up tools and equipment and securing job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards and improve operations efficiencies.
- Assist and train with experienced MMU operators in all aspects of loading, calibration and operating delivery trucks.
- Assist and train in plant operations with experienced plant operators in all aspects of raw material handling and production.
What you will bring
- Class 3 driver’s license, an asset.
- Industry experience.
- Truck and mobile equipment operation experience.
- Eagerness to learn and be a part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
How you shape and influence others
- Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-aware and open to feedback
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Productive without compromising quality
- Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
Salary to be determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical on the first day worked. Basic module paid by the employer.
- Dental on the first day worked. Basic module paid by the employer.
- Life, Disability and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Retirement / Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
- Holidays - twelve nationally and/or provincially recognized holidays per calendar year
- Paid Time Off
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $32.00-$36.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Mining/Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 3 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person