Specialized Stair & Rail Ltd., is a privately owned manufacturer and supplier of wood stair & railing components, with head office based in Edmonton, Alberta. We blend old world craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology to deliver the highest quality stair railing. Our company has been building custom stairs and railings for high-end homes for a better part of two decades.
We have openings for Experienced Cabinetmaker who would enjoy working in a fast paced environment with other bright, experienced, fun loving and happy people.The position is responsible for manufacturing of wood stair and railing components, as well as construction and repairs of other structures made of wood, wood substitutes, steel and other materials
- Collaborate with all departments in completing tasks, as part of the production process
- Select, measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of solid wood (no plywood, MDF or other wood substitutes) using nails, staples, screws, bolts or glue; perform other tasks related to manufacturing of wood stair and railing components
- Set up and operate woodworking equipment
- Identify errors and suggest corrections
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Occasional shipping/receiving duties
- Ideally you will be a Registered Apprentice or Red Seal Journeyman, however we will accept non-registered applicants with woodworking production experience.
- You must have a High School Diploma
- Knowledge of trade mathematics in both imperial and metric measurements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Physical strength, manual dexterity
- Ability to do precision work without close supervision
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools in a safe manner
- Driver’s license & clean driver’s record
- Excellent attendance record
You will work in an indoor state-of-the art 15,000.00 sq. ft. facility for a minimum of 40 hours a week with opportunities for overtime. Wages are negotiable, and based on experience. After 6 months you will be entitled to benefits.
At Specialized Stair & Rail Ltd., we work hard to attract, develop and retain the best people. If you have a willingness to work and a desire to learn, we will support you in your effort to become a skilled craftsman. We will help you pursue a career as a Journeyman Carpenter with on-the-job training and schooling.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position apply now! E-mail your resume! Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our website and learn a little more about us at: www.specializedstairs.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- carpentry / woodworking: 1 year (Required)