- A fantastic opportunity to join an established, reputable company!
- Receive a highly attractive salary of $111,000 to $126,000, with an impressive relocation assistance package based on experience, plus benefits!
- Grow within a company that wants to see you succeed!
BAR Engineering Co. Ltd (BAR Engineering) has been in business for over 40 years, and has offices in Lloydminster, Alberta, and Vernon, British Columbia. As a multi-discipline engineering firm with extensive experience delivering customized engineering solutions, our goal is to use our technical expertise to improve operational and cost efficiencies, while driving innovation and providing long-term value. We pride ourselves on consistently delivering quality results, both on time and within budget.
For more information about us, please visit our website by clicking here.
BAR Engineering is currently seeking a motivated Senior Municipal Civil Engineer to join our teams in Lloydminster, Alberta or Vernon, British Columbia on a full-time basis. This is an in-office opportunity (relocation assistance or remote work opportunity is available for the right candidate).
As Senior Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing civil design and construction activities on various projects under the direct supervision of the manager.
More specifically, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Running projects from start to finish, including planning and evaluating successes
- Maintaining timelines and budgets to meet overall project requirements
- Preparing and managing changes to engineering deliverables
- Providing peer review support for engineering work and quality control checks
- Determining and understanding project scopes and estimating respective consulting fees
- Preparing engineering services proposals
- Ensuring designs conform to applicable codes, standards, regulations, specifications, and procedures with client requirements and cost estimates
- Completing field activities including general reviews, completion reports and final documentation during construction
- Liaising with client representatives, assigning work to team members, and coordinating between disciplines and sub-consultants
- Preparing design specifications, Tender Documents, and Contract Documents
- Conducting business development activities and building client relationships
To be eligible for this position, you must possess a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in civil engineering. Additionally, candidates must be registered with one of the following professional engineering associations: APEGA, APEGS, or Engineers and Geoscientists BC. Prior experience in a consulting role within the field of civil engineering will be viewed as a valuable asset.
The following skills and experience are also essential:
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- A valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Self-motivated with exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in organizational and time management skills, capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, while also being a cooperative team member
As a valued member of the team, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary of $111,000 to $126,000, based on experience, along with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule
- Extended health and dental coverage
- A health spending account
- Paid sick days
- Minimum 3 weeks paid vacation
- Matching RRSP after 1 year of service
- Positive company culture with many corporate and social events throughout the year
- The opportunity to join a supportive team environment that encourages professional growth and acknowledges employee dedication and outstanding performance
- Relocation assistance or remote work opportunity is available for the right candidate
Don't miss this opportunity to advance your career with a highly respected industry leader, Apply Now!