Recreational Respite provides meaningful respite solutions through therapeutic recreation support: 1:1 and group programs. The services are provided within an individuals’ home or in various community settings. Our team works with individuals who have disabilities, including mental health. We support children, youth, adults and older adults. Our team members are an integral part of our team at Recreational Respite. They possess a unique and skilled ability to develop, implement and evaluate innovative therapeutic programs that respond to individualized needs, interests, strengths and abilities of the individuals we support.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Must be able to identify needs, abilities, strengths and interests and adapt programming on an individual basis with a strong focus on family and caregiver advocacy,
- Plan, implement and ongoing evaluation of therapeutic programs,
- Must have proven programming techniques to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional and social and leisure needs of those we support,
- Ensure to operate in compliance with the relevant policies and procedures of Recreational Respite.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills,
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently,
- Possess strong documentation skills,
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR certification,
- Vulnerable Sector check and clearance
- Reliable means of transportation is a must.
· Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation, or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation
· Bachelor of Arts in Child and Youth Care
· Diploma, Social Services Worker
· Bachelor in Behavioural Psychology
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Pay: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred)
- drivers license (preferred)
- Vulnerable Screening Check (preferred)