Event Services staff report directly to the Event & Venue Manager. Event Services personnel are responsible to perform all tasks and duties required for the Setup, Operation and Tear down of Events in all WFD Facilities.
Responsibilities of Event Services Staff:
- Operates all aspects of events on WFD grounds, including setup and tear down time periods
- Perform janitorial duties throughout WFD event facilities. Including but not limited to washroom cleaning, sweeping and mopping of floors, dusting, operation of floor scrubbers/sweeper, etc.
- Responsible for outdoor appearance of event facilities, including snow removal, garbage removal and changing of dump bins as required.
- Assists with small painting projects. perform minor repairs, lighting and ceiling tile replacements in all WFD event facilities.
- Reports major repair requirements to Event Services Supervisor.
- Fills out Caretakers Log Book, Forklift and Aerial Lift Device Log Books and other documentation as assigned.
- Maintains inventories on WFD supplies and equipment and report needs to the Event & Venue Manager.
- Other related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Secondary School Education
- 1-6 months related experience.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
- The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification
- Previous Forklift and Aerial Lift Training/Operation an asset
- Experience in the Exposition Industry an asset
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking
- Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, dirt and animals
- Shifts will include days, afternoons, overnights and weekend/holidays
Job Type: Part-time