White House Design Company Inc. designs, manufactures and wholesales a collection of women's clothing under the label 'Sympli'. At White House Design, we strive everyday to provide women of all shapes and sizes with limitless versatility in their wardrobes,...it's what we are passionate about. We are a vertically integrated organization with product development, marketing, photography, manufacturing, sales and shipping all conducted from our Burnaby location. Check us out at www.sympli.com
Our drive for continuous improvement mandates the addition of a Marketing Manager.
Reporting to VP of Product Development, the Marketing Manager heads the Marketing department and is responsible for all facets of marketing from ideation, collaboration and research processes, directing and creating of marketing content; with the focus on delivering brand messaging and core values through persuasive storytelling. As head of the department, you bring fundamental brand building and marketing skills to lead and develop the marketing team to meet corporate brand and marketing objectives.
Sympli stands for inclusivity and so do you!
As head of the marketing department and working cross functionally across departments, as a leader and influencer you motivate and inspire others. The more difficult the challenge, the more motivated you become. You demand results and performance in both yourself and others. You are a problem solver, a source of innovation and new solutions, even if radical sometimes.
Read on if you have the talent and passion to join us!
- Conduct research around marketing trends, customer behaviour, and competitive landscape for insights and key learnings to help develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies and tactical plans
- Communicate brand values through impactful stories and campaigns in collaboration with the Brand Manager and the VP of Product Development
- Implement creative and innovative marketing campaigns across social content, influencers, events, partnerships and all digital branding
- Manage the marketing department’s budget and deadlines to ensure the timely completion of projects
- Ensure marketing initiatives align with Sympli’s corporate objectives
- Participate in weekly senior meetings to communicate marketing strategies and initiatives across departments
- In collaboration with the Sales department, manage and promote a Co-Op Marketing program for both retail and online accounts
- Oversee photography and videography, social media marketing, website, email marketing, and internal communications
- Lead the creation of marketing packages including product brochures, catalogs, order forms, POP signage etc.
- Support Sales team by providing marketing materials
- Hire, mentor, lead and inspire the marketing team to achieve performance excellence
- Proven leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Project management (time management, coordination, planning) Able to deliver results while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inherent sense of style and talent to understand and adopt design, fashion, trends and aesthetic fundamentals in innovative ways to propel Sympli’s brand
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably within the apparel industry
- 3+ years of management experience leading marketing teams and processes
- A minimum of 3 years solid eCommerce experience
- Proven social media marketing experience
- Merchandise or category planning experience is a plus
- Content Management system (CRS) experience is required
- Experience with fashion retail brands is an asset.
- Prior, proven history of the building, running and optimizing effective marketing programs using a variety of toolsets, including Campaign Monitor and Google Analytics
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and Google Docs and Sheets
Please forward your resume and a cover letter explaining how your talent aligns with the position and with Sympli.
Kindly note that only candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in White House Design!
Compensation: To commensurate with experience
Benefits: Competitive group health and insurance benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent