Preston Hardware is one of Canada’s largest independently owned hardware stores. We offer the level of customer service you’d come to expect from a family-owned and operated business. Our extensive product selection and price match guarantee makes Preston Hardware the go-to store for commercial customers, painters, contractors, home builders and homeowners alike in the greater Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Located in the heart of Little Italy on Preston Street, we offer nearly 100,000 square feet of retail and warehouse space. You’ll also find over 160,000 products and over 300 trusted brands in-store and online. Whether you’re an interior decorator buying bathroom accessories, an institutional buyer ordering supplies, or a DIY bargain hunter in search of great deals, we have whatever you are looking for. We can also order most products through our vast network of suppliers and manufacturers. When you come to Preston Hardware, you are getting Ottawa-Gatineau’s best service, selection and value.
The primary role of our Tool & Fastener Specialist is to provide superior customer service in our fastener department. As the first point of contact with our customers, you will create a positive customer experience and display a professional and courtesy attitude in all your interactions
- Greeting all customers, responding to questions and assisting customers with locating products and offering product knowledge.
- Thanking customers for their patronage.
- Executing the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management.
- Assisting in the training and development of new peers.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance of all products throughout the retail floor
- Minimum 1 year experience in fasteners
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to identify and solve problems
- A good attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize your tasks
- A friendly personality and enjoy working with people
- Basic reading, numeracy and math skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Fluency in French is an asset
Thank you to all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- fasteners: 1 year (Preferred)