Counsellor, Contract - Six Months
Algoma Family Services
Elliot Lake, ON
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or Masters in Counselling plus two (2) or more years of professional experience in children's mental health or related field preferred or B.S.W./B.A. in a related field plus five (5) or more years professional experience.
- Registration with appropriate regulatory college is required.
- Skill in a variety of cognitive-based, post-crisis intervention, solution-focused and brief therapy techniques with children, youth and families.
- Skill in evidence-informed clinical interventions for children, youth and families.
- Ability to work effectively with children, youth and families in a therapeutic goal-oriented way.
- Thorough knowledge of child, youth and family development (psychological, emotional, physical, social).
- High level of maturity and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated leadership qualities with competence in making and implementing decisions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and negotiate effectively within an interdisciplinary team, across the agency, with collateral agencies/professionals including the medical community at both a front-line and systems level.
- Thorough knowledge of mental health resources.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Proficiency with computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and data MIS.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License, ability to travel and use of a personal vehicle.
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to provide services in both official languages (English/French) is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities; Please refer to attached job description
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $28.16 to $34.90 /hour
- English (Preferred)
- French (Required)