*** Part-time evenings and weekends ***
The Receptionist is responsible for all aspects of office routines and clerical duties for residents and employees in the Home.
Skills and Abilities:
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled;
- Good communication skills; both oral and written. Demonstrated public relations skills.
- Initiative, good judgment;
- Must be mature and possess the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Provides initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors. Provide direction to visitors and callers;
Marketing and Occupancy:
- Welcomes and orients new residents, family and guests;
- Responds to inquiries from potential residents, family members and guests (as required).
- Answers telephone;
- Sorts incoming mail daily for distribution to residents and all departments. Manage outgoing mail;
- Types correspondence including confidential material; Composes correspondence that does not require General Manager’s attention;
- Organizes workflow through administrative office;
- Co-ordinates meetings and schedules appointments as required;
- Completes routine forms as required or directed;
- Effectively maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Undertakes all other responsibilities as assigned by the Head Receptionist;
- Is aware of employees and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents;
- Is alert to, remedies, and promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or home policy;
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in customer service roles
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 per hour