CGI is looking for an Oracle EBS/PeopleSoft application DBA that will be responsible for the management and maintenance of Oracle e-Business Suite/Peoplesoft applications and databases.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Database Administrator for our clients;
- Performs daily system monitoring activities;
- Define database standards, backup/recovery strategies and security/access standards;
- Perform security patching of Oracle EBS applications and databases (CPU, RUP, RPC) and PeopleSoft (Tax Update);
- Install and update database infrastructure;
- Application and database capacity planning;
- Application and Database performances monitoring and optimization;
- Manage Security and access to Applications and Database;
- Support the development teams, perform code migration, Application/Database service restart, Application maintenances.
- Participates and reviews disaster recovery exercises and planning.
- Participates in on-call rotation and working occasionally after hours or on weekends.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant work experience and training;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator;
- Knowledge of Oracle database version 11G, 12C, 18C and 19C;
- Knowledge of PeopleTools 8.52+ upgrades;
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat or Oracle Linux)
- Knowledge of TOAD and Query Store;
- Knowledge of PLSQL and SQLPlus
- Be proactive, good leadership, excellent Team spirit;
- Work with clients to gather requirements, prepare technical specification documents;
- Bilingual, written and oral.