Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Members of our US Corporate Tax practice collectively provide the following services to clients across Canada:
- Review of US corporate income tax returns with associated federal and state filings and preparation of our more complex returns and filings
- Advising on relevant US cross border issues
- Communication with Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities
- Being part of a team to determine the most relevant US corporate structure for tax purposes
- Researching and advising on other US corporate tax matters
As a Senior Analyst, US Corporate Tax your responsibilities will include:
Be Grant Thornton
- Preparing and reviewing U.S. corporate tax returns with associated federal and state filings
- Participating in engagements involving corporate reorganizations, acquisition strategies, corporate tax compliance, foreign investment and other consulting
- Researching U.S. tax issues
- Preparing file memoranda and letters
- Data entry and analysis
- Proactively working with the team to develop tax advice and solutions to clients and prospective clients to expand the business
- Building relationships with practitioners and clients
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst, US Corporate Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting and 2-3 years of US tax experience preferred
- Review tax provision calculations and disclosures in the financial statements
- Appropriate relevant designation or nearing completion of designation requirements (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements, with the ability to assess the statements accurately
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of tax preparation software would be an asset
- Quick learner (facility learning to use new software) and self-starter
- Well-organized and able to balance competing demands
- Excellent client service skills and disciplined follow-up
- A strong commitment to client service, and attention to detail
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?