Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Professional Services Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Pharmacy - Technical Pharmacy Assistant
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-Île-de-Montréal is actively seeking a senior technical assistant in pharmacy to work at the LaSalle Hospital. You will be placed on our recall list and will make replacements within a dynamic team.
Thus, under the responsibility of a pharmacist or other person, your function will be to assist in the preparation of oral, topical or parenteral drugs according to aseptic techniques and established protocols. You will respond to requests from care units, enter prescriptions and use technologies to support the pharmacist in the continuity of pharmaceutical services. You will ensure the safe distribution of medications, participate in the application of container-content delegation and in certain tasks or projects.
By joining the CIUSSS DE L'OUEST-DE-L’ÎLE-DE-MONTRÉAL, you will benefit from a multitude of advantages:
- The stability of a full-time job;
- Competitive salary to which bonuses can be added;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation after one year of full-time work;
- Thirteen (13) statutory holidays and 9.6 sick days for a year of full-time work;
- Participation, with the employer, in a defined benefit pension plan providing reliable retirement income;
- Protection by group insurance (life, health, salary);
- Access for you and your family to a free employee assistance program;
- Access to continuing training (formal training, supervision, coaching, etc.);
- Vast internal career development opportunities.
More than a job, a work environment that encourages your professional and personal progress in a friendly environment!
- Must have a diploma of professional studies (DPS) in technical pharmacy assistant or equivalent recognized by the ministry of education, recreation and sport;
- Must be familiar with the international system;
- Functional knowledge of French and English;
- Knowledge of the windows environment and the office suite (word and excel);
- Capacity to operate a pharmacy automatic pills dispenser;
- Successful passing of a written exam on medical abbreviations, reading and interpretation of prescription, pharmaceutical calculations, conversion of units, knowledge of medicines (status, common name, brand of origin) and the legal framework legal and normative working in pharmacy;
- Must be available to work a day/evening rotation and every other weekend;
- Experience in hospital pharmacy (asset).
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Needs to be filled for the recall list and possibility of replacements.