Swan Valley Co-op invites applications for the position of Fresh Departments Manager to join our team at our food store located in Swan River, MB.
The Fresh Departments Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to our team of Fresh Department Managers to grow sales in all fresh departments (includes: Meat, Deli, Produce and Bakery). This manager will lead the development of operational, promotional, human resource and health and safety programs and provide subject matter expertise that meets the needs of the team in accordance with established policies and practices.
Reporting to the Food Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide leadership/coaching to 4 team leaders and their teams
- Achieve financial targets in areas of sales, margin, expenses and profits by maximizing operational efficiency
- Assist teams to achieve highest standards in the area of ordering, inventory control, production, merchandising and food safety
- Coordinate cross-promotional activities and seek out new business on behalf of fresh departments
- Provide leadership and support in the area of employee recruitment, development and performance management
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in areas of asset protection including investigation of workplace incidents, loss prevention and equipment maintenance
- Previous retail management experience – preferably in fresh food departments
- College degree/diploma in business or management an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to collaborate and work well within a team setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food Safe Handling certification
Deadline: January 13, 2019
Located in the beautiful Swan River Valley, our community is just a short drive away from provincial campgrounds, a ski hill and hiking/biking trails. Our town is home to an aquatic centre, modern gym facilities and offers a range of dining options.
Swan Valley Co-op offers a total compensation package including: competitive salary, benefits and pension plan along with many other employment benefits.
If you are require additional information, please contact Carma Masson, Human Resources Manager, 204.734.3431. Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to the email indicated.
Job Type: Full-time