The University of Western Ontario Faculty Association (UWOFA) is seeking a Communications Officer to develop and implement communication strategies across a variety of media platforms. This position will work in consultation with and report to UWOFA leadership. This is a one-year full-time (with the possibility of a short term extension) contract position within CUPE Local 2361.2.
Applications from Indigenous persons, Black and other racialized persons, persons with disability, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+ are highly encouraged.
· Working with UWOFA leadership to draft UWOFA communications and outreach strategies, media releases, and other articles for the media and UWOFA members
· Writing for, editing, and assisting in the creative development of UWOFA in all areas of publication, websites and social media
· Communications support to UWOFA committees, workshops and conferences as needed
· Other duties that may be assigned from time to time as the needs or circumstances of UWOFA change; such duties shall be discussed prior to assignment to ensure compatibility with workload and area of expertise
Education and Skills
· High level of communication and analytical skill, and ability to synthesize and filter a large amount of information in a succinct and accessible manner
· Understanding of post-secondary education labour relations research
· A high level of computer literacy
· Experience creating and maintaining website pages (no coding required); experience using WordPress is preferred
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications or related field; graduate degree preferred
· Ability to work independently
Term and Compensation
· This position is to replace a maternity leave
· Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Anticipated start date February 2022; ending February 2023. There is a possibility of a short-term extension.
Email resume and list of 3 references by January 25, 2022.
The Faculty Association invites applications from all qualified individuals. UWOFA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disability, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 19 months
Salary: From $71,141.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
Application deadline: 2022-01-24