Do you have you have a Skid steer ticket and operating experience? Our family is constantly growing and we’re looking for you.
Every job at Acden is a big job and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we want you to feel valued. We provide competitive industry salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan to prove to our employees that it’s not just about our success, it’s about yours too. Want to take a step up?
Competition #: AF-2019-079
Acden Facilities Limited Partnership is currently accepting applications for one (1) Labourer to support their Taiganova Acden Headquarters and Offsites Yard. This positions is located at 220 Taiganova Crescent, Fort McMurray, AB. The position consists of 8 hour day shifts; Monday through Friday; however locations, hours and schedules may change from time to time due to operational requirements.
This is a local position to the Fort McMurray, Alberta region. Successful candidate must have their own accommodations within the Fort McMurray Region and reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete routine self-generated and work order requests for repairs and services.
- Move, relocate, modify, adjust, install or repair office furniture and materials.
- Operate a variety of equipment (i.e. man lifts and bobcats).
- Deliver supplies and materials.
- Remove and install signage.
- Complete site/contractor escorts.
- Grounds Care (i.e., smoke urns, mowing of lawns, landscaping, garbage, etc.).
- Perform minor building repairs (i.e. baseboards, door trim).
- Cleaning exterior windows and interior diffusers with pressure washers.
- Perform man watch and fire watch duties.
- Perform general labouring tasks.
- Perform housekeeping duties (cleaning of tools/shop equipment, garbage removal).
- Walkway and parking lot snow clearing and removal when required.
- Perform other duties as they arise and as assigned by supervisor that would fulfill the mandate of providing excellent facilities services to the client.
- Class 5 Licence with a clean five-year abstract.
- Valid Wheel Loader ticket is required.
- Valid Skid steer ticket is required.
- Experience operating Truck and Trailer is required.
- Experience operating Forklift and skid steer is considered a strong asset.
- Valid Alberta Forklift ticket is an asset.
- Previous proven experience working as a labourer is required.
- Load Securement Certificate is considered a strong asset.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to work harmoniously and independently within a diverse workforce.
- Highly motivated, reliable, and punctual.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comprehensive drug, alcohol, hearing and physical pre-employment testing.
- CSTS-09 and OSSA certificates or OSSA BSO or CSO certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s Licence with a clean abstract.
- You must submit at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. The Driver’s Abstract must be for a 5-year period and have been obtained within the last 30 days.
- Eligibility to work on all oil sands sites within the region.
- For safety purposes, willingness to remain clean shaven.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long term disability and life insurance).
Interested candidates are invited to complete an online application in confidence, along with the competition number (AF-2019-079) to:
Acden Holdings Limited Partnership
Apply Online: www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resume if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Metis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Labourer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Operating Truck and Trailer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Operating Skid Steer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Operating Wheel Loader: 1 year (Preferred)
- Operating Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Wheel Loader Ticket (Required)
- Skid Steer Ticket (Required)
- Forklift Ticket (Preferred)
- Load Securement (Preferred)
- CSO, BSO or CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional (Preferred)